MyWorkSpot is a co-working space based in Maidenhead. Back in April this year MyWorkSpot moved from Kings Road, Maidenhead to their new home at Clyde House on Reform Road. Read their blog post on the big move here. After a month of settling in, I was approached to take a set of interiors and exteriors to show off their new home and promote the space on social media.
I hired out the tilt-shift lens and worked my way through the rooms with the help of Will & Dave carrying my tripod between each floor. I really enjoyed this shoot as it’s such a great space to photograph. Each floor has character and personality and was well lit due to the lovely large windows that bring in lots of light.
The smaller office rooms were a little trickier to photograph as I was more limited as to where I could place the camera. My aim was to make each of the offices look as big as possible to really show off the space, this was tricky at times.
As a photographer I believe it’s really important to promote your business with great photography that really shows off your environment. This was the purpose for this shoot and I was really pleased with the outcome. In post-production I added some vibrance and situation to really brighten each image and to give it some punch.
MyWorkSpot also had a launch party to celebrate their move and attract new clients. I captured the positive atmosphere of the event and took a series of group shots that were used for marketing and press. Read about the launch event here. Visit the MyWorkSpot website here and you can book a tour here.
My tips for photographing interiors
- Take your time and line everything up in the shot.
- Review each of your images as you go alone checking for focus and composition.
- Think about your composition in each room and make sure your capturing it from the best angle.
- Don’t be afraid of trying abstract angles. I decided to captured a lot of the exteriors. in an abstract style which received a positive reaction allowing the client to post some more unique photos on their social media.
- Choice a bright day. This makes the shoot much easier in terms of light and particularly if you have to shoot a few exteriors too.
Why use Kirsty Meredith Photography to promote your business?
I can offer your business a friendly professional service providing fresh vibrant photography with a personal touch.
I use a creative approach and guidance on the organisation and presentation of your images. I have the enthusiasm, drive and passion for any creative project from start to finish. If you are looking to refresh your business imagery, add a splash of colour to your online marketing or revitalise a weary website. I can offer the following;
- Sit down meeting to discuss aims prior to shoot.
- Headshots including retouching and editing.
- Professional images of your office space.
- Consultation on using imagery for online marketing and website.
- All images processed as high resolution JPEGS via an online gallery.